Friday, October 10, 2008

It's about time!!

I have been trying to blog again, but this dumb thing flagged me for spam?!?!?! It wouldnt let me on here for days!

Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm back now.

Emersan had her 15 month well baby check up today. She is 27.1 lbs and 30 inches long. She has officially tripled her weight now! She is doing well other than the fact that we have to go to a cardiologist, yet again. This will be the 2nd time in 3 months. The first time she went, the doctor heard a heart murmur so that needed to be checked out. Emersan was put through a serious of testing, EKG, ultrasound, and X-ray, but she ended up being ok. The cardiologist heard a small heart murmur but said that it was fairly normal and would come and go her whole life.

Today, the doctor heard it again, but that is not why she has to go this time. Emersan is a breath holder. For those of you that dont know what that is, sometimes when she cries, she passes out. For more information go here www.drgreene.com/21_557.html She has done this for since she was about 7 months. Well lately, it has gotten to be far less frequent but sometimes when it happens, it takes a LONG time for her to start breathing again and for her to fully become herself again. Usually when she passes out, its just for a quick second and then she starts crying again. When she has "bad" spells, it takes a while for her to catch her breath and then she is very lethargic for 15 or so minutes. Very scary. She also becomes pale, clammy, and just not herself. So I told the doctor that and they are going to send her back to the cardiologist to have a heart monitor put on her to test her heart rate when this happens. If they say everything is fine, then she has to go see a neurologist to have a sleep deprived EKG done. Not fun.

I really just ask for prayers for her. I can't seem to handle this as well as I should. Thank God for Dustin because he is calm and can handle this sort of thing much better than I can. I just HATe seeing my baby in these situations. Pray that she grows out of this soon.

Onto a lighter note, Dustin and I finally get to enjoy a date night next Friday. I am beyond excited because it has been a long time since we have been out. First off, I dont trust a lot of people to watch Emersan because of her episodes. Anyway, my mom is coming down and offered to watch her...I do trust her :-) We are excited! We are going to dinner and to see the movie Fireproof.

Oh, and Emersan is beginning to talk so much more now. She loves to repeat what you say...tell daddy to start watching his mouth!! She says so many words, no sentences or anything and really some of the words only a mother would get. For instance, she has this blankie. She calls her "gankie" She will say Daisy for Macie, and good ghoul for good girl. She is so smart. She is just an amazing little lady. Growing like a weed.

Emersan and I went up to MN to visit grandma and papa. We took Emersan to the Mall of America for the first time... I have to get my pictures developed still. Dummy me, forgot my camera at the apartment so my mom bought us a disposable camera. So they probably will suck but thats ok, at least I will have them. I will post them when I get them.

Till next time :-)

No comments: